Friday, March 6, 2009

Sing and Playing in an Ensemble... Imagine That!

Wow! We have come a long way in our first few weeks of Imagine That! classes this semester. It's such fun making music together in ensemble form, learning to wait and listen for clues and to practice inhibitory control. Some quotes from class: “I can make a glissando on my Kindermusik Slide Whistle. I can play it from low to high or from high to low. Listen. Now watch me match the glissando sound with my body. Like this... up and down!” “I did it all by myself!” "I have a great idea, Mrs. Cyndi" In class children: • move to demonstrate musical vocabulary: sliding down a sliding board is a glissando. • compare and discriminate singing voices and speaking voices. • begin to label and express musical change through language and movement. Whole Child Viewpoint: “I can never experiment too much. Kindermusik allows me to try out so many possibilities without making me perform or be tested." See you soon, With a song in my heart, Mrs. Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to see you blogging again Cyndi!